Lindt, Lindor, 60% cocoa, truffle, $.33

I perused the chocolate aisle in the candy store. There were chocolate bars selling for 10 dollars that sported brown paper packaging, images of rain forests and a price tag that was a bit too high for me. Then a Hershey bar selling for $1.19 caught my eye but it just didn't seem worth it I undid the black, crinkly wrapper, and popped the perfectly round orb into my mouth. The sun was shining, I had dark chocolate in my body and only one class left in the day. I pushed my tongue around the truffle and felt its' waxy surface. As I strolled through campus, I walked past someone with strong cologne and for an instant, the waxiness of the truffle took on that flavor. Passing underneath shady trees, the wax dissipated and full chocolaty-ness entered my mouth. I crushed the truffle gently with my back teeth and the chocolate butter spread over my tongue. I wonder if you could butter a piece of toast with a truffle. Slowly the juice slid down my throat and all I was left with was a slightly bitter sweet taste in my mouth. Lindt chocolate, 60% cocoa.

Comments

Popular Posts